Natural holistic products
Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulphate)
Epsom Salts: According to The Universal Health Institute, our modern diet often contains high levels of fat, salt, protein and sugar that not only lacks the mineral magnesium, but actually depletes this vital mineral from our systems.
Medical research has been able to identify that Magnesium can be an aid in helping to prevent heart disease and strokes by lowering blood pressure. It also has a wide range of other health benefits to keep the body and mind well.
Soaking in an Epsom Salts bath is one of the most effective means of making the magnesium your body needs readily available.
What can Epsom Salts do for me?
Studies show soaking Epsom Salts in a bath can:
- Help reduce inflammation of joints and aching muscles to relieve pain and cramp.
- Help prevent and ease headaches
- Help ease stress
- Help improve sleep
- Help improve concentration
- Help the body flush toxic metals from cells
- Help the body form joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins
- Help the body improve the absorbtion of nutrients
- Help the body’s nerves and muscles function more effectively
- Help improve the body’s ability to use insulin
Who can benefit from an Epsom Salts bath?
- People who have the condition Fibromyalgia
- People who have aching muscles and joints
- People who suffer from cramp and stiffness
- Sports enthusiasts
- People who feel under stress and tense
- People who suffer from sleep deprivation
- People who have bunions and or calcification in the joints
If used in a foot or hand soak, use 2 tablespoons in approximately two litres of warm water and soak the hands or feet for 15-20 minutes. In a normal bath, the amounts are approximately 10oz in a bath of around 70 litres. This equates to a large mugful in a normal bath.
The water in the bath with Epsom Salts should not be hot, but warm, just above blood temperature. If the water is too hot, then the addition of Epsom Salts will cause the body temperature to rise and could cause extreme sweating. For this reason if you have a heart condition, high blood pressure or diabetes, you should consult your G.P before using.
Epsom Salts can cause severe drying of the skin, which makes the skin more fragile, something diabetics want to avoid. The use of Epsom Salts is not recommended for children under the age of 5, except under medical supervision.
Purchasing Epsom Salts:
You can buy 1kg Epsom Salts for £3.99 Available for collection only.
Should you need to contact me, then please visit my ‘Contact Me‘ page, where you will find a range of contact methods to suit your preference.